Monday, August 21, 2006

Monday

You are all getting your weeks started and I am done with my Monday so to ease you into the week, I'll add some more pics :)



Megan, Kenn and I at our engagement party / going away party.












This is our boat! The pics don't do it justice.















Pretty close by is a McDonald's and Starbucks. Total expat neighborhood!

(Side bar: by the way Jenn Leire, there is Italian and Mexican in the neighborhood so plenty of restaurant options for you - though no Mexico Lindo of course. I found a great wine at the supermarket -a Pinot Blanc! And yes, I have had the clear - but the Asian kind - Sake! )



Another view of the living room and office area.






Standard gallery kitchen, nothing too interesting. It comes equipped with microwave, toaster, hot water hot pot, and rice cooker.














One more shot of me in the Yukata!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

SAKE!!!!! i am all good with the japanese "clear." just went too decibel for sake. since you're watching SATC - reminds me of the episode where carrie tries to date her f buddy and they go out for japanese and he says "sak it to me."

your apt looks great! can't wait to see in person!

Anonymous said...

Hey, Geisha girl. I think it's time to see Lost In Translation again to catch a glimpse of Tokyo night life.
In Scary Movie 4, a parody of about six different movies, including The Grudge, there is a ( supposedly) conversation between Anna Faris and the ghost kid in Japanese. But all the Japanese words they're using are either brand names or words so common that they have been incorporated into the English language ie. Suzuki, Mitsubishi, sashimi, etc.
FYI-I wrote Red Lobster a complaint letter citing the dearth of lobster in their pasta dish. That and the crummy calamari.
Also, you may be able to catch NBA stars since the World BB Championship is in Japan now.