Saturday, August 12, 2006

Day 1

Mission accomplished my first day. I figured out most of the appliances and electric gadgets in the apt today. I walked around the neighborhood and over to Roppongi Hills which is a pretty cool shopping area that also has a cinema, art museum, and some Tokyo City View deck. I didn't pay to see the view today because it was really cloudy. It even thunderstormed shortly after I got home today. I did see the Pixar exhbit at the Arts Center and that was really cool. They had a ton of original sketches and models from all the Pixar movies. I bought some basic groceries and unpacked my suitcases. I had some trouble figuring out what to buy at the grocery store since most things are in Japanese. I had to rely on pictures or similar packaging/colors for brands that are also in the US. I did a couple of language lessons from my Rosetta Stone cd-rom. I hope to learn some Japanese quickly, I'm so eager to learn and am already frustrated that I can't just learn it overnight. :) After all was said and done today I was pretty tired and had to nap even though it probably ruined my sleep schedule.

No comments: