Monday, August 28, 2006

Definitely cocktails and dreams

Saturday night was a blast - that couple took me out with some of their local friends to a club (not like a mega-club or anything, basically a crowded bar with music). It was fun to finally go out. Unlike NYC nowadays it isn't a whole process to get into clubs/lounges/bars here. No crazy lines or velvet ropes or strict dress codes. There is usually cover but typically the cover includes 1-2 drinks. For those who are curious, the music at the place we went to was mostly American popular songs and hip hop. Besides the cocktails, that night I had a dream that Tokyo had an earthquake, a mild one. Tokyo is supposedly due for a big one, hopefully not while I am here. Everyone tells me that over the next year I am at least likely to feel some small ones though.

A recent survey by Pew Internet & American Life Project reported:
Thirty-nine percent of U.S. Internet users, or about 57 million Americans, read blogs; 8 percent, or about 12 million Americans, write a blog; and more than half of bloggers are under the age of 30. ---> I told ya bloggers were young.

On the work front: I had another client meeting today at MSN and although I showed the taxi driver the address and directions in Japanese, he took me to the wrong place. I had to ask a security guard where I was and took another cab to the right building - my first instance in Tokyo of getting lost. I'm sure it won't be the last. The meeting went well though. I am having problems getting my business cards made which is aggravating. I can't seem to get someone from the home office to help me, update me, or at least send me the design/layout so that I can get them made myself. This is frustating because in Asia and especially Japan, business cards are ESSENTIAL to doing business. I basically look unprofessional without them so I'm pretty annoyed. Happy Monday.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Need some help on the biz card front?
The West coast had cards made up - I'll check in for you.

Glad you had a good time out and had a chance to dance to 50 - it's almost just like home :o)

Miss you!

Anonymous said...

Those statistics show that I have no business writing or reading a blog.