Saturday, August 19, 2006

I'm back

I'm home. I chose a sushi place just a couple blocks away and turns out it's a pretty good sushi place in Tokyo according to some locals I met there. I sat at the sushi bar and the people next to me spoke English. I figured they were expats but turns out these 2 white guys have lived in Tokyo for over 15 years. One was there with a date (japanese girl) and another was married to a japanese girl. Was chatting with them for awhile and they spoke japanese so i asked them to recommend /order me some food. First thing I got was mackerel - sushi was so fresh that they served it with the body of the fish and it was still moving!! Pretty cool. Also at the sushi bar was some guy who just relocated here with his wife from NJ. Good conversation and I was glad I met people to talk to. I had those locals help me order some good food and good sake so happy I went. Stayed there all night chatting, eating and drinking but after awhile it got kinda boring and tiring of making conversation. From what I could gather from one of the guys, he's some sort of rich entrepreneur who owns his own island or something. I think he might have paid for some of my drinks/food because my bill was only 1800 yen ($15). Whatever, fine by me. Hold on, let me check out his site....wow I guess he really does own the island or something and was named a chief - http://www.vjf-mc.com/press.htm. I totally thought he was full of crap. Guess you never know who you're gonna meet. So bizarre.

Well, I am exhausted being up so late so time for bed. A good night overall and hopefully more adventures to be had....

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

glad you had a good time! talk about fresh mackerel. wow! good for you for going out!!!

Anonymous said...

I've met some strange and some interesting people in my travels but never a prince of an island.
Going back to the comments to your very first blog of Aug. 1-- there was one from a perv calling himself Ben Dover. That's junior high school stuff-- at least, we were more subtle-- we used Benjamin Dover. Then there was Lord Howard Hertz. And let's not forget that great Algebra problem-- what's 10Q minus 6Q? that's right, and the same to you! Hah, the good old days but as the song goes, " these are the good old days". Enjoy them!
After the year is over, you should be able to watch Kurosawa's movies w/o reading sub-titles. Ciao.

Anonymous said...

mmmmm - i love fresh sushi...can we go there when alex and i visit? glad you met some peeps to talk to.

Anonymous said...

Is the prince singe? :o)