Saturday, August 26, 2006

Cocktails and dreams

Haha - Cocktails is the movie on TV right now.

Today I walked around Omote Sando - a shopping area much like the Champs Ellesse in Paris or 5th Ave in NY. I stumbled upon a park that had an event with "dance" teams so I stayed for a bunch of their performances. It was pretty cool to watch, pics below.

This first pic below is in Shibuya. That's the famous street where every 3 minutes hundreds of people cross at the same time, the busiest intersection in the world. I couldn't really get an overhead pic but if you're ever in Tokyo you have to check it out.



This pic is of a shopping center. The design of it was really cool. Very narrow and you walk around to all the floors:








Last night, Friday, I tried to make a reservation for myself at this Thai place near my apt that has a good view of the city. It was booked. But while I was in the lobby, I met a girl working here until December. She's from LA and works for Warner Bros. We decided to go to dinner together at an Italian place near here. The company was nice and I got a lot of good tips from her (she's been here 2 months already). To be honest, she talked a lot and was sorta not the type of person I would be good friends with back home but it was nice meeting another expat in the building.

Tonight I am meeting another friend of a friend expat who lives nearby here. Drinks with her and her bf, maybe some friends. Hopefully I'll have some cocktails and dreams this evening. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

They could always turn that shopping center into a prison-- that's what it reminds me of.