Thursday, August 10, 2006

Last day...

Well, it's my last day in NY- I leave for Japan tomorrow at 12:45pm. I got an an absolutely AMAZING gift from Kenn's brother Rick. He used his miles to upgrade me to business class!!!! But not only did he upgrade me, he went through quite an ordeal to do it. He called United and the rep told him he had to go to an agent in person at JFK to sign something. Wow what a pain, but he drove an hour from LI at 10pm to do that. When he arrived, he found that the counters were closed at 7:30!! Damn that rep for neglecting to mention that. Annoyed, Rick calls United to complain and speaks to multiple people, supervisors, etc. and finds out he could have done the transfer/upgrade online! Ouch. I can't believe he had to go through all this trouble but I am extremely thankful for such generosity. I've sadly never actually flown business class but this will make my trip to Tokyo much sweeter and relaxed. Thanks Rick- I owe you big time!!

My clothes and personal items are en route to Japan. I am packed and just about ready to go. The past week has been filled with goodbye drinks, dinners, lunches...packing, making calls, organizing.... I still can't believe I am leaving. It feels like I'm just going on vacation but I'm sure it will sink in in about a week.

The next time I write will be from my new apt in Tokyo!!! (Well, hopefully my internet connection will be working upon my arrival)

1 comment:

ActionJoJo said...

Girl, make sure you take pictures of your new pad! And let us know which is smaller -- your Tokyo apartment or NYC studio! LOL

Have a safe flight and have fun in b-class! Looking forward to your next post from Tokyo.