Friday, September 08, 2006

My new phone!

Very exciting, I finally got a cell phone. It's a pretty nice one actually because as I mentioned you would be surprised how bulky phones are here. Though phones here do have quite a lot of functions. Check out the phone I got- I got the green one - only 10,000 in that color:
http://www.vodafone.jp/mb/en/product/3G/705sh/index.html

The screen is really nice, super crisp color. It has web functionality that you can view maps on. This is so convenient and so key in Tokyo because as I also mentioned, you really need maps to find where you are going around here. I only got the phone for 1 Yen too! Yes, 1 Yen- that's less than 1 penny. Vodafone has these deals that if you get a 2 year contract and web/email service, you can get the phone for 1 yen. So realistically since I have to break my contract after 1 year, I will pay about $85 in the end. I can also cancel the web service right away with no penalty but I might keep that because of the map access. Email me if you want my number to text me (will cost you int'l txt rates - probably 20 cents a txt) or if you want my phone's email address. You can send me emails which will go straight to my phone, pretty cool.

I slept in today and then had brunch with Lauren. Afterwards I did a little shopping in Daikanyama where I bought a cute top and a handbag/shoulderbag. Here's a little blurb about that neighborhood:
Sandwiched between Shibuya and Ebisu are the bustling back streets of Daikanyama, one of the city's hotspots for fashion, avant-garde architecture and cafe culture. A delightful blend of haute couture and vintage fashion, Daikanyama's boutiques jostle with patisseries, salons and seriously funky accessory shops providing something for metropolitan hipsters of all ages.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jennifer,

Your Uncle Leslie saying hello from NY. Your dad dropped by today and told me about your blog. It's really neat.

You may recall that I've been to Tokyo many times but have not been there for awhile. I used to work for a company called Tobishima Corporation, a large construction company. Their office was right near the Imperial Palace. I used to stay at the Imperial Hotel.

Any, I'll now know to check this every now and then to see what's going with you.

Talk to you soon