Sunday, September 24, 2006

Another good weekend

Friday night I went to Sarah's birthday party (I met Sarah through Sophia). We went to a really good french restaurant and then to Feria yet again - that's the same club/lounge I've been to 3 times now but it's Sarah's favorite place. I have to start going somewhere new. It's a fun place but getting sick of it. It was also super crowded to the point of annoying but we had fun anyway.

Saturday I met up with Gen again (girl I know from church I used to go to in HS) and Serena's husband. Serena is another girl I knew from back then and her husband Justin was in town for an interview. They may be moving to Tokyo in January. Would be fun to have more familiar people around to hang out with. Anyway, we went to this World Expo thing, it was at a convention center with booths representing different countries trying to get people to travel there. That's how much the Japanese like to travel I guess, they have a whole convention advertising places to go. Gen's friend was in a performance there so that's why we went to it. They had music/dance performances from different countries and her friend was in the one for Jamaica. Afterwards we went to dinner in Shinjuku.

Sunday I met up with my coworker Yuki (she's the one in the middle). She invited me out with some friends of hers that were in town and we went to Yokohama. We ate at Chinatown (which is one of the biggest in the world) and walked by the port/harbor and then over to this mini amusement park area. We rode a couple of their small roller coasters and the giant ferris wheel (kinda like the London eye). It was a goregeous day today, perfect weather. It was really nice walking around today.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I saw a commercial for Range Rover and I noticed the giant ferris wheel and yes, it reminded me of the one in London-- even though I have never been there.

KT said...

how's the chinese food in japan?