Sunday, September 17, 2006

Lost in Translation

Went out with Sophia and some of her friends last night. Went to a restaurant/bar/lounge in Shibuya where one of Sophia's friends plays piano. It was on the 15th floor and had a pretty cool view. I love the views in Tokyo because it just seems like endless buildings that go on forever. After a bunch of cosmos I went with 2 of Soph's friends to some party. Not a private party but like a place rented out that had DJs and a cover charge. Felt like an old school NY party. It was pretty cool, decent house music and nice checking out that scene in Tokyo. When we first got there these 4 guys did some break dance routine thing. So random that they just had this whole routine they did in the middle of the party.

So today was a sleep in, movie day. I had a big mac meal at McDonald's today. It actually did taste the same as big macs in the States. Then I did a little food shopping and I finished watching the entire DVD series of Sex and the City. I also borrowed 2 movies from the movie library. They have a limited library of DVDs in downstairs. A whole lot of old movies, movies I've already seen, and movies I am not interested in. I watched the second Bridget Jones Diary movie and Lost in Translation. I've seen Lost in Translation before but it was really cool watching it now that I am in Tokyo. It made me realize, wow, I really am living in Tokyo. That's pretty cool!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I plan to see Lost In Translation again. Also, The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift;both just for the Japanese scenes.