Monday, September 18, 2006

Mori Art Museum

I forgot to mention that when I was in Ginza on Saturday I stopped in the Sony building to check out the showroom. There were some really cool laptops and awesome flat screen high def TVs.

Cloudy and gloomy today and I thought it was going to rain so I didn't take a day trip anywhere. Decided to walk over to Roppongi Hills again and check out the Mori Art Museum. Same building where I saw the Pixar exhibit the weekend I first got here. They have rotating exhibits so this time there were paintings and sculptures from The Cleveland Museum of Art's Monet to Picasso collection. Very nice. There are also other galleries so I saw a BMW Heritage exhibit that had vintage BMWs. Gorgeous pieces of machinery. And I stumbled into some weird exhibit that had some handbag theme and was all these random pictures, short films, and things. I didn't get it. Also in that building is the Tokyo City View. Panoramic views of the city from the 52nd floor. Though it was cloudy, it did get bright enough to see decent views. After awhile I got dizzy looking out those floor to city windows. I ended my afternoon excursion eating at a conveyor belt sushi place.

Btw, if you have my Kodak gallery link, I uploaded this weekend's new pics.



No comments: