Friday, September 15, 2006

Blog is down

For some reason my blog link is not working but I can create a post. Maybe it will be back up later.

And I know, I haven't posted in a few days. Nothing too interesting to report. Pretty much just work all week. Had a few client meetings which were held partly in English, partly in Japanese. It will be interesting getting used to doing business like this. Meetings were good. My biggest concern about doing business in Japan is getting Yahoo Japan to be willing to work with us. They really dominate the online market here, you can't imagine how much. They have something like 80% reach!

I had dinner with Gen, girl from the church I used to go to in HS, my brother put me in touch with her. She's lived here for 4 years or so. Also went to a jazz bar in the Hyatt near my apt last night with Lauren and Sarah. Good jazz and drinks but was super expensive.

It's a long weekend this weekend, we have off on Monday. I didn't even realize it until the office manager sent an email reminding people. I don't have any plans but I am thinking of taking a day trip somewhere.

It's finally getting cooler here. Really nice today, upper 70s. Might get a little hot again for a week or two then stay cool.

It's 7:20 on a Friday, I am still at work but should just go home. What am I doing here?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You woulda had Labor Day off if you were back home so this Japanese holiday (?) makes up for it. Enjoy the three days off-- go see Mt. Fujiyama.

Anonymous said...

We all know how Yahoo was in the late 90's - they thought they owned everyone until the bubble burst!

JLRE