Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Happy Birthday Kenn!

It's Kenn's birthday today--- Wish him a happy one...
He doesn't look a day over 25!! He won't let me put his pic up on my blog so I'll respect his wishes. :P He definitely does NOT look his age - lucky man.


Ever since I sent my pics (if you haven't gotten the link from me, just ask), I have gotten sooo many comments that my apt looks nice or looks really clean. It's definitely really comfy. It's like an extended stay hotel or full service apt. Plus I don't have clutter because I don't have much stuff and haven't been here very long. Here are some pics of items those from home sent or gave me. Just wanted to let you know I look at these every day. Miss you all!





So here are some more cultural tidbits I've been taking notice of:
-Despite the cleanliness here, Japanese do not mind sharing food at all. No qualms about putting a fork or spoon into someone else's meal or cake for a taste.
-Service industry is really polite and VERY helpful (for basic requests). Taxi drivers and hotel staff are often uber polite to the point it makes you uncomfortable. They are in a constant state of "Sorrys" and "Thank yous".
-You have to get used to people asking your age or about your personal life, it's completely common even among coworkers.
-The side ponytail on women is common here

Btw, I think I have finally mastered the moving walkways!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Got your link to Kodak Gallery and enjoyed the slideshow. Isn't technology great?! My biggest regret when I'm pushing up daisies is that I won't get to see and experience all the great things yet to come.
So what, if anything, did the Japanese do yesterday to commemorate those lost on 9/11/01?

Anonymous said...

I've always said that the side ponytail should be brought back!! :o)

JLRE