Sunday, September 10, 2006

Meiji shine and Cos-play-zoku


Today, I visited the Meiji Jingu shrine which some say is the nicest shrine in Tokyo, if not Japan. It was very pretty as was the shrine gardens. The gardens didn't really have any flowers in bloom this time of year though so I'll have to go back next spring.

The shrine gets a lot of weddings and while there, I caught two processions of ceremonies with bride and groom in traditional garb. That was really cool.







Outside of the shrine on Sundays especially are the Cos-play-zoku or "Costume Play Gang". They are a subculture made up of teens in goth and punk garb. This site has some more pics if you're interested: http://www.cosplayzoku.com













I also checked out bands that play outside Yoyogi Park again this week. Free entertainment for a Sunday afternoon.

I had a good day but don't know why I decided to spend the day walking around outside. It was HOT. By the time I was ready to head home, I was exhausted and practically had heat exhaustion. Getting into the subway station was really rough, it was jam packed with people and soooo hot. I made it home though and have the rest of my Sunday evening to relax. Have a great week!

Btw, I am posting ALL of my Tokyo picks to Kodak Gallery so you would like access to them and I haven't sent them to you already, drop me an email and I'll send the link your way!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I saw, on the news, that Japan went crazy because a boy was born to the prince and is in line to inherit the throne. Did you get the day off? LOL.