Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Should I do it? ok fine... ODE TO MCDREAMY

Haha-- I am now taking requests for blog posts.

I guess it doesn't make for an interesting read about what I'm up to in Tokyo but to be honest, I haven't been up to much besides work and even that is boring as I wrap up the year. But let's see I'll write some tidbits: I am still drinking a liter bottle of green tea every day. For breakfast I am addicted to premade sandwiches with the crusts cut off and cut into triangles - they usually are a variety pack of egg salad, ham, etc. I make something simple for dinner like pasta, noodles, fried rice, or buy something pre-made. My Japanese vocabulary hasn't grown much but I noticed when my friends were visiting that I definitely know more than when I first got here. I can kinda direct a cab (at least to the main intersection in my neighborhood). I can ask for water at a restaurant and understand what the wait staff is asking (like "what would you like to drink"). I can understand simple commonly used phrases like "it's cold", "that's cute", "what is this?" "that's expensive". I can even decipher some katakana characters, enough to figure out words. What I really need to do is take lessons so that will be my new year's resolution.

Ok, back to Ode to McDreamy. If you are totally in the dark, McDreamy is a character on Grey's Anatomy (of course!) and is Patrick Dempsey's character and Meredith Grey's love. He's definitely dreamy - handsome, a brain surgeon, sweet. He's a new yorker but loves the outdoors and fishihg. The way he looks at Meredith just melts your heart. Here's a pic of him from the episode where the guys go camping in Season 3:


Now Patrick Dempsey is actually pretty old, though he looks good for his age. He's turning 41 next month! He's orginally from Maine. He has been married twice. First marriage was with a woman 27 years his senior- ick! And now he's married to a make-up artist. They have one daugther and twins boys on the way.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yupppeeeeeee! from your description of mcdreamy kenn better watch out. although lets see if he is reading the blog. :) did he ever see the einstein pic? oh - this is random - may have told you - patrick's first wife is actually my co-worker's cousin. and why do guys age so well! errr. oh - he's going to be in a movie with hilary swank soon. can't think of the name right now.

go you and your japanese comprehension! did you ever get through all those language CDs? or is that part of the new year's resolution?

i will hold back on making another "ode to..." request and give others a chance. :) this is not an official request - as big of a fan as you are suprised mark mcgrath hasn't showed up.