Thursday, December 21, 2006

1 more day

Just one more day of work and I'm headed home to NY. I'm so excited I can hardly contain myself. Reasons:
1) First and foremost this marks the end of the long period of Kenn and I driving or taking the train/bus to see each other. And the end of the 4 months of being apart. Marks the start of living together!
2) I get to see family and friends I've missed
3) I get to be in NYC, my favorite place
4) I get to go home for Christmas, one of my favorite times of year
5) It ends the boredom of being at work with nothing to do

So last night I met up with another friend of friend I was introduced to. My friend Adam from college has a friend living here in Tokyo and we've finally been able to sync up for dinner. Nice guy and he also introduced me to a friend of his, she was really nice too. Even though our meeting was brief we seemed to click so exchanged numbers and hopefully I'll hang out with her again, both of them.

I realized that I have that 'getting older' bug where you sometimes feel too lazy to go out and the thought of staying home and vegging seems so much more appealing. Never used to feel like that in my youth but admittedly sometimes it's an effort to go out now. So sad. But what I realized is that it feels really good to be out and meet new people and interact with people. It's more rewarding than staying at home...so I've decided that I will push myself to make more of an effort. Life is short, why waste it one the couch?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have a safe and speedy flight. Travel during winter months can be tricky-- the five thousand passengers stranded at the Denver airport ( blizzard) can attest to that.

Anonymous said...

good attitude! life is short - should play! :) and none of this "getting older" bug - don't want you to be a bad influence on me. :)

safe trip back home!!! see you soon!!!!!!!!! (and yes, all those explanation points are needed b/c i am very excited to see you soon!!!!)