Monday, December 18, 2006

5 more days

I took a nice long walk yesterday around the neighorhood and neighboring hoods. Weather was nice. Did a little shopping too. If I can just get through the next boring 5 workdays. It's a busy time of month in Japan and for my coworkers, clients are all trying to spend the rest of their advertising and research budgets. But for me, that means it's slow because my coworkers are all swamped with other things and can't help me. Because of the language barrier with many clients, I can't even send follow-up emails without translations. So here I am posting to my blog, Christmas shopping online, emailing friends, reading news.

Oh bummer.. I just checked my phone and noticed that I had a voicemail (which I hardly ever get so hard for me to notice the little symbol). I mentioned awhile ago in an old post that a couple I know from back home (girl used to go to my church when I was in HS) might be relocating to Tokyo. Well it turns out they are moving here. Serena is in town this week on an "apt finding" trip. Looks like she tried to call me yesterday but I totally missed the call and missed the voicemail. That sucks. Anyway supposed to meet her tonight for dinner.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hope you had a fun dinner! looking forward to seeing you back in nyc!!! i'll be back christmas night!