Sunday, September 02, 2007

Still addicted

Now I'm not only addicted to Facebook but YouTube also. I'm really intrigued by the power and scope of the internet and social networking. I don't think I will be creating a full video blog anytime soon because I realize how unoriginal I would be after watching tons of other vlogs. And I don't have enough time or energy or interest to do all this cool editing and stuff that people do to their videos. It really is an amazing viral application though. I never understood the hype of YouTube before this past week or so. For now, I'll stick to written blogging and only for the purpose of updating friends/family on what I've been up to. Maybe I'll post a few videos here and there for the fun of it. I think it's sometimes nice to see a person in action and hear their voice.

The funny thing about Facebook, social networking sites, and blogging is that they kind of give you this feeling like you're "invading" someone else's life a bit. A bit like stalking or actually more like reading someone's diary. But in reality a person only puts as much detail about themselves online as they want to. I happen to be a very open person. I have all kinds of social networking profiles and disclose all kinds of information about myself but believe me, I know what I put up and I know exactly what I'm writing about (and what I'm not). I also have a common enough name that I don't mind using my real name. But I would never release my address or phone #, that's just stupid. I don't understand why people have their address and phone #s on Facebook. There is no need for that.

Anyway, I leave you with 2 YouTube links. Funny parodies of Facebook:

Facebook Song
Facebook Infomercial Parody

No comments: