Thursday, September 06, 2007

Lost in Cyberspace or in Tokyo?

Judging from my recent blog posts, it may appear that I am lost in cyberspace. That seems to be partially true. At the very least I now have a severe addiction to Facebook. I just surpassed the 100 friend mark!

Yea, it's been slow at work lately and I've had a lot of time to read industry news and blogs. Thank goodness for RSS readers. It's saved me so much time sifting through emails and surfing different sites. I wonder how bad email subscription rates have dropped since RSS. What should one have as a limit to RSS feeds? I now have 38.

Ok so back to Tokyo. I haven't been up to much with Kenn gone. Did I mention I watched Ocean's 13 last week? Last night was ladies night at the theater so for 1000 yen ($8.70) I saw Pirates of the Caribbean with Serena. And for just another 600 yen ($5.20) I had a soda and medium popcorn. Quite the bargain! Other than that and a few cooking classes, I've been working, watching TV, surfing the web, and working out. Exciting life in Tokyo, I know. After a year here I don't have much of a desire to go to museums, shrines or sightsee anymore. But during our remaining 3 months here we will have quite a few visitors (Jeff, Peichung/Melissa, and possibly my second cousin and her friend). We want to still visit at least Kyoto, Kobe, Hiroshima, and Osaka.

And there's never a dull moment in Roppongi. This morning on my way to the subway (at 9am!), a guy who I assume had just completed a long night in Roppongi was squatting and puking while holding his cell phone in one hand and a lit cigarette in the other! Gotta love it. Reminds me of another story my coworker told me yesterday. He was on the train home the other night after work and a salaryman was drinking a beer and reading the newspaper. He would take a sip of beer and then put it in his shirt pocket while reading. How great is that?

No comments: