Thursday, September 13, 2007

Some funnies

This blog has Chinglish signs from China. Leading up to the Olympics China is trying to clean up it's poor English translations. They're pretty amusing though, this is one of my favs:



If you google my very common name, you will likely find links to this other Jennifer Ng who also happened to go to Carnegie Mellon for grad school. She also comes up on Facebook so one day I decided to message her for the hell of it. I forgot about that then out of the blue I received this email:



I was so confused, I wondered "How the heck did I send myself a message??" Haha

Btw for those in NY, Kenn sent me this link to a service where you can order food in advance via text message so you don't have to wait in line. Gomobo. Have you seen this or tried this?

So last night was fun, the laptop dj battle was interesting. Not the most exciting thing in the world, as Kenn put it "they're pushing buttons and turning knobs". No clue how the judges were able to judge it. Cool space though. Afterwards we continued the party at good old standby bar Propaganda. They even let Kenn dj. We tried to take pics yesterday using our broken lcd screen camera. Will post if any turned out ok.

No comments: