Tuesday, September 25, 2007

NYC and back to Tokyo

Despite the awful jet lag I had, my trip to NY was quick but a good one. For some reason I really had bad jet lag this time and waking up at 2 or 3am everyday for a couple hours. 1 week is a short time to get a lot done and see a lot of people especially when I had meetings and training a lot of the week. I have to say being back in NY made me miss it more and I almost didn't want to leave. I had some time to walk around a bit and realized that being away for so long gave me a chance to experience NY through new eyes again. That's really nice and most people should do it if they get the opportunity.

Upgrade to business class and an ambien made the flight back to Tokyo very tolerable. Our friend Jeff who is visiting was supposed to meet me at the airport in Tokyo but he missed his flight. He thought he was leaving out of JFK but his flight was out of Newark! Oh Jeff! He made it on Sunday.

Saturday night Kenn and I went to a birthday dinner for my friend Sarah which proceeded to drinks and Feria and hanging out late at Brandon's place upstairs from us. Sunday night we took Jeff for Sushi then to Akihabara (electronic city) so he could buy a camera. Then a bit of bar hopping. Amazing we had the energy. Monday was a holiday in Japan. Lunch at our favorite oudon place then we took Jeff to Asakusa (had a beer with a good view at the Sapporo building), then around Tokyo station in search for a travel agency so he could plan a few days in Kyoto (saw the cool architecture at the Tokyo Internation Forum there). Then hit up Shibuya and then dinner at the restaurant where they shot the movie Kill Bill. That was a lot of walking!

No comments: