Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Sausages and Skype



So my cooking class today was homemade sausages, jambalaya rice pilaf, and cobb salad with homemade thousand island dressing. The sausages came out a bit dry but tasted really good. Was really cool to learn how to make sausages in a way that did not require casing. It's a cool trick that I'm not telling you ;) (involves parchment paper and foil). Anyway the salad dressing from scratch was really delicious too. I will be using that one.

Skpye is awesome. I mean talking and video conferencing for free around the world? Good stuff. Tonight my dad had a cool idea to take his laptop to my grandma's so I could video conference with her. I thought she would freak out or something or not understand what it was but she seemed to get it actually. I didn't really have much to say though (the English/Chinese thing doesn't translate well over video), but it was cool. We asked her if she understood what it was, that it was a computer and she said yea, but that she's never used it before. Ha.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Technology is so cool. When it's my time to kick the bucket, I'm going to regret not seeing what the future has to offer in the way of new, cool gadgets.