Sunday, August 26, 2007

The internet is eating me alive

My friend Johanna sent me a link to HappySlip.com. This woman, Christine, creates short videos and posts them to YouTube and her website. She's a Filipina-American and creates parodies of her immigrant family. They're pretty funny and for any Asian American, you can relate to some of the topics. So I got addicted to watching her videos and subsequently related and random other videos on YouTube. I was never much of a YouTube watcher but have recently been getting into it. Just another thing to suck more time out of my life...

Oh weird - I just realized I watched this video before months ago. It was so viral it got forwarded around: Mac Beautiful.

It made me consider the idea of a video blog but that just seems too much for even me. I'm ok with sharing my thoughts, life, pictures, some personal info about myself online, but video seems odd to me. I don't think I could stand looking at myself or hearing my own voice. Haha. But I am impressed by other people's ability to create content online. It's truly amazing what this internet age has become and how it has empowered people.

So the cooking lesson today was a Japanese spin on Indian. It was curry beef/pork, naan bread, pickled veggies, and fruit and yogurt dessert. It was really yummy and cool to know how to make a quick version of naan.

Ok, the pick kinda looks like dog food but it was good, I swear :)

1 comment:

Livia said...

yum naan! pic of what you made looks a lot like the class pic - go you!

i need to find another class to take now that i have no more ceramics and scuba diving - hummm, me cooking? that doesn't quite sound right. will wait for you to come back for a wine and/or cheese class! :)