Thursday, May 10, 2007

Work post

I was talking to my dad last night and he mentioned I haven't really written about work lately, just our personal outings. Nothing wrong with that of course but thought I'd throw one in here. :)

Work is not too eventful I guess these days. The Japan office hired someone new for me to train. He started a few weeks ago so have been training him a bit. We have a few projects going on right now regionally and in Japan so been working on those too. Occassionally we meet with new clients to introduce them to our research. I've also been talking to the Hong Kong and Beijing offices about training and getting new clients.

Looks like I will get the chance to go to Hong Kong for about a week to train our office there and meet with some clients. That would be cool and Kenn would come along and explore the city since he's never been (free hotel room). I also got invited to lead a workshop at a conference in Bangkok. Would love to go there but have to first see if the conference is worth it.

I am still enjoying what I do here, it's interesting and I actually like teaching and training. I do get bored with it though because most of the time I am not learning anything really new in the industry. Although training and learning about new markets is in itself valuable to me professionally.

So there you have it. Now, here is a fun pic. It's from outside a restaurant we went to on Amy's last night here. Our friend Kenji works there. Holy moly, I look like a giant!! haha...

No comments: