Monday, May 28, 2007

Hamburg steak w/ teriaki sauce...

... vegetable miso soup and ume plum jelly dessert...

Looks pretty close to the website pic I think!




My camera phone kinda makes it look dark and burnt but it wasn't. Very yummy. There were 4 people in the class. It was pretty easy to make but required a lot of ingredients so I didn't make it for Kenn over the weekend but will sometime. Everything was made from scratch including the teriaki sauce. Hamburg steak is actually just a ball of meatloaf to be honest. My next class is Tuesday and we are making potato croquettes.

We took it slow this weekend, watched the finales of Lost and Grey's. We went to the Design Festa which was cool and bought a lot of original postcards and posters from artists/designers. I met up with an old church sunday school teacher who is in Tokyo for work for lunch and church service. We did a bit of shopping. I found out that I am a size large at the Gap in Japan. How depressing, they have mostly S, XS, and XXS here.

1 comment:

Livia said...

i am catching up on the blog! the food pics are almost the same! go you! how many weeks is the cooking class? i still need to watch the finale of grey's. hopefully this weekend!