Friday, May 11, 2007

Filet-O Ebi

All week I've been walking by the McDonald's in my office building and sort of craving it. Finally today I figured why not, it's a Friday treat. The McD's here has a Filet-O Ebi sandwich. It is kinda like a filet-o-fish, thought I'd give it a try. In case you don't know ebi means shrimp. So basically it's a shrimp patty sandwich - kinda like crab cake consistency with bits of bigger shrimp pieces in it and of course fried I guess. It was actually really good, I would definitely have it again. It is on a sesame seed bun with lettuce and a sauce that seemed to me very similar to the big mac sauce. Oh so interesting.

It has gotten nice out lately, been pretty warm. I decided to sit outside a little while before going back to work. There were plenty interesting people to watch. Moms pushing strollers, business man in suit on his laptop, coworkers eating lunch on benches together, pet owners walking their tiny little well-dressed dogs, and one poor guy's job was to just stand with a sign in a suit. The sign was directing people to some store I think. I've noticed there are a lot of jobs like that one in Japan. I wonder what these human signs get paid...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oh - love the ebi sandwich! ate that on the plane leaving narita after doris and i got ramen at the airport. :) try the chocolate triangle things if you haven't! they are good too!

your second paragraph could have described nyc too! :)

happy friday!!!!!