Monday, October 02, 2006

Lazy weekend

I've been slacking on the blog posts again. First to clarify, this is my personal blog and anything I post here may be true, fiction or opinion. I do realize people get fired for posting about work related things in blogs but I choose to express my thoughts here for better or for worse. Besides, I don't think I said anything harmful. And I certainly didn't name any names or even mention my company name. Despite my gripes, I am loving my work. It's keeping me interested and constantly learning.

It was definitely a lazy weekend for me. After 7 weeks of sensory overload it was soooo nice to just lay around at home like a normal person. I do want to make the most of my time in Japan but I can't be on the go all the time. I have plenty more weeks and months to explore, it was time to just live like anyone in Tokyo would and stay home and veg. I organized my apartment a little but mostly slept and relaxed. I did go out for some drinks with Lauren and Sarah again on Saturday night though. We were going to keep it low key but ended up at Feria yet again. No more! I refuse to go back there for at least a few weeks. It really is getting old.

Next weekend is another 3-day weekend here, we have Monday off. It's Sports Day. I have no idea what that means. Maybe I'll go look it up... ok here you go:

Second Monday of October (national holiday)
Health and Sports Day (taiiku no hi):
On that day 1964, the Olympic games of Tokyo were opened.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

just goes to show that we need more holidays in the states. we don't get the day off for when the olympics opened in atlanta and/or LA!