Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Japan is made up of over 6000 islands

I've been here long enough to finally start to miss home a little. I wouldn't say I'm homesick but when I think about it, the thought of being in NY seems so comfortable. I'm constantly trying to understand, learn, behave appropriately, and search. It would be nice to just "be" sometimes.

Bills: Today I paid my cell phone bill at a convenience store. That is how bills are commonly paid here. Pretty convenient huh? Get your sandwich, juice, and pay your bills all at once.

Food: Did I mention the curry here is delicious? I've had curry and rice 2 days in a row for lunch. Last night I ate pre-packaged sushi for dinner that I bought at a convenience store. It was surprisingly good. I think even better than some I've had at an actual restaurant.

Fashion: I see a lot of skirts worn with leggings on women. Socks that fit with your toes seems to be common also. You know, like a glove for your feet...

Misc: I've noticed a high incidence of bow-legged people here. I wonder if I'm just imagining that.

The elevator got so packed this morning, the overload sign turned on and people had to get out at the next floor. If you have claustrophobia, Tokyo is not for you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

NYC misses you too!
We can't wait to see you in a few weeks!

JLRE