Friday, April 20, 2007

What I would do for...

...a slice of NY pizza right now. Boy, have I been craving it. There's ok pizza here, absolutely awful pizza, and sometimes bordering on good, but there is still nothing like NY pizza. When I tell people here this, no one seems to get it except for other New Yorkers.

Met up with Serena last night (girl I know from NY that moved here with her husband) and earlier this week I met up with my friend Amy's friend. Kenn met up with Brandon, the guy downstairs (DJ guy). It was nice to have what felt like kinda normal lives, meeting friends for dinner. Last night I even had Pino Grigio which I haven't had in ages! I visted Serena's apt and it's nice and cozy. Made me miss having a real apt, a real home where it's all your furniture and decorations and stuff.

I've said it a million times I know, but 8 months really went by fast. Don't feel ready to go home quite just yet but at the same time I miss NY. Maybe I'm due for a visit soon. Don't want to plan anything before I find out how long I'll be here though.

No big plans for the weekend. Maybe meet up with a friend of Kenn's friend that also jut moved here. Maybe get a haircut. Oh yea my coworkers invited me to a cooking class tomorrow- going to make green tea cake and other sweets- should be fun.

Happy friday and happy weekend!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

green tea cake is the bomb.

Anonymous said...

green tea anything is the bomb! :)

pino grigio makes me think of summer and it feels like that in nyc today. it's a mojito kind of night!

Anonymous said...

when I was in Nam for a year, I missed pizza also. And oranges and ice cream. And snow. I missed alot of things.

Unknown said...

hey looks like sooo much fun - say hi to meeghan - miss her - she's a blast...
if you can find a recipe for
"steamed cake"
Please please pass it on....
I used to buy it on the way to work when i was living in Japan working for Burton....
rick