Thursday, April 19, 2007

I guess I'm a hypocrite

I thought I had a 9am call with a colleague in the US today (it ended up being cancelled) and was running a tad bit late. I caught myself jogging on/between the moving walkways! ugh - i am disgusted with myself....

On an opposite note, I do make myself stand patiently at the crosswalk until the street light changes despite the fact that there are NO cars in sight. I guess I am just conforming to society.

I'm pretty disappointed in myself for having been here for now 8 months and can't speak much Japanese at all. It's awful and I just can't believe I let it get this far. I can't believe how fast time went by and it just seems like the last thing I have time for is taking classes. Question is, do I start now?? I'm an embarrassment to myself, I really am.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

conformist! kidding. :) miss tokyo subway. yesterday was way way way too nyc on the subway. the morning was a woman giving a sermon about saving souls and the evening was a guy that was singing loudly with disturbing lyrics. with everything that has happened at VT - kind of freaked me out - switched trains - think someone must have said something b/c they held the train. bad start and bad end to the work day.

and never too late to learn japanese! start taking lessons - the best opportunity and it's something you can make time for!!! so you can stop being an embarrassment to yourself! you and kenn can take lessons together! it'll be fun!!!