Friday, April 06, 2007

Stay longer in Japan?

Been thinking about the possibility of staying longer in Asia. Kenn and I have talked about it a bit too. Nothing at all concrete yet just some thoughts going around depending on work need, timeline, and desire. Other parts of Asia might be interesting but I think we're pretty settled and comfortable in Tokyo. Plus we really like Tokyo/Japan. These types of life decisions are so hard. So much comes into play. I miss NY and friends and family. But they will always be there and probably the same after another 6-12 months. But I also don't want to stay too long where it affects things like what I do workwise when I get back, how it affects us financially, what about my apt?, what about Kenn's career in NY? 6 more months out of our lives really isn't that much though for a once in a lifetime experience. So much to still see, do, and explore in Tokyo, Japan, and Asia. I want to make my efforts at work here worthwhile as well and make sure I'd be leaving things on a good note. Then I see wedding invites float around and think about all the things I'm missing while we're gone. I wonder how soon friends are going to move on to having kids. I wonder when we would want to have kids. See... so much to think about...

But then I say let's wing it! Enjoy the moment, enjoy the beautiful cherry blossoms (best viewed if resize window smaller) :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I wonder when we would want to have kids

tic toc tic toc tic toc tic toc

damn biological clock!