Friday, February 09, 2007

National Foundation Day

So Monday's holiday is National Foundation day. According to the earliest Japanese history records, on this day in the year 660 BC the first Japanese emperor was crowned.

Kenn and I can't find any available accomodations for snowboarding this weekend so we're going to relax and maybe hit the zoo or something else in Tokyo and also go to Disneyland which is really close to the city. That should be fun.

I think I mentioned Chu-hi's which we've been drinking a lot here. When we were at the airport last week, we saw a label that said they were vodka & flavored soda. I doubted that's what they were but just looked it up. Originally the drink was made from Japanese Sho-chu but variations of it now are vodka. My favorites are lime or grapefruit. Here's what the can looks like:


Tonight Kenn and I are meeting up with my friend Karen and her fiancee. They are in town for a couple days so going to meet up with them for dinner/drinks in Roppongi.

1 comment:

Livia said...

have a fun weekend!