Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Jet lag

We're back from Cancun! It was a great trip, just too far from here. We had a good time, it went by fast. Weather was mostly nice but a bit windy. We spent most of the time lounging around the pools. I got to catch up with people but also felt like I didn't get a chance to talk to a lot of people I wanted to. The last night I suddenly felt sick so didn't get a chance to spend the last night there hanging out so that really sucked. I was so careful about drinking the water but I guess you never really know what's in the food or how it's prepared... While we were in our meeting, Kenn got the chance to take a little boat tour thing (cross between jet ski and boat) and did a little snorkeling. One of the nights we hit a major club- that was an adventure. The place was kind of like a vegas show, a circus, and a club all in one. They had all these mini shows with performers imitating singers (Beyonce, Michael Jackson, Madonna, etc) and also people on trapeze type things swinging around. Very elaborate smoke, lighting, confetti systems. Very odd but interesting experience. I'll post some pics soon.

Now back in Tokyo we are all messed up schedule-wise. I woke up at 4am this morning and could not go back to sleep. Kenn fell asleep after dinner and just woke up. At least I think it's the last time we'll have jet lag for awhile. I think for the next few months our travel will be limited to elsewhere in Japan and Asia. I have a 3 day weekend, I forget what National holiday it is on Monday. We were thinking of getting some snowboarding in but it's too late to book a tour and we're not sure where to go. Guess we'll see. Have a few ppl we know coming through down Thursday and Friday too so we'll be entertaining a bit. (friend of a coworker and my friend from HS

There's the quick update. Time for some sleep. Wish me luck ;)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's been freezing in NYC-- single digits the last two mornings but no snow.
The time between the two long flights ( 3 days?) was too short-- jet lag was a certainty.
Hey, at least LOST returns tonight.

Anonymous said...

yeah the blogger is back from cancun! :)