Friday, February 16, 2007

6 months!

I can't believe it. I've been in Japan for exactly 6 months now. As far as I know at the moment, I have 6 more months to go. Wow, time has gone by unbelievably quickly. I knew one year would feel like nothing. These days I feel kind of torn about whether I am going to definitely feel like I'm ready to come home after the year is up or if I would actually stay longer. There is no talk right now of it going either way yet. A lot will depend on the next few months I guess. But right now, just trying to enjoy the experience. Kenn and I booked a ski lodge Japanese B&B type place for Saturday night. It's the same area as where we went snowboarding last time but a different mountain. We're staying at the Esprit Hotel. Western style rooms with toilet but I think it's a communal bathroom-onsen type thing. A step up from our last accomodation that's for sure!

Regarding some recent comments:
Livia - Yes, I thought you would notice the background on that pic! Haha. It was in fact a taco night that we did before going to Cancun :) It turned out really good!

PC - regarding that noodle place, that is just totally disgusting and should be reported to dept of health or something!

Ging, I haven't seen ads on eggs yet. But they do give out a lot of free tissue packets with ads. I never have to buy tissues! I've also seen cool ads on the entire escalator handrail. There are ads all over the subway cars including window stickers, handrails, and stuff hanging from the ceiling. I've noticed that the poster ads in my subway station change very frequently too. Not like in NYC where at some stations you still see movie ads from months prior.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

sounds like a marketers dream! :)

have a great time boarding!!! so happy it's a long weekend here!!!

Unknown said...

I don't know what's worse: Yummy Noodle or "dishwashing tub" in Hong Kong.

Livia said...

explain "dishwashing tub"...

are you screening our comments before they are posted?

Jenn Okula said...

Sorry, I was playing around with the settings but should be back to normal now.... :)