Monday, November 06, 2006

This blog is not dead

Ok, very sorry for the long delay in posting to my blog. I was in fact back in NY for a short trip. Sorry to those of you I did not get to see when I was back :(

Kenn returned to Tokyo with me for a 2 week visit so I have been pretty busy since I've been back. We've been having a blast so far, it's so nice having him here. It's so much more fun exploring with someone else. I unfortunately have to work which sucks. It was tough getting motivated to come back to work. I have to admit that sometimes work is pretty boring. Of course there are exciting aspects to it but I think I am just in "play-mode". I had off last Friday so we took a day trip to Kamakura. It's an area about an hour away by train with a lot of temples and shrines and the Great Buddha (a really tall Buddha statue). I'll be posting a ton of pics soon.

Kenn has been otherwise exploring the city on his own during the day. He's getting around pretty well so far and getting used to the train and the language barrier. He loves the food here too. We have been brave enough to try out some restaurants using the pointing to pictures method. :) We went to Yoyogi Park yesterday, it was beautiful autumn weather. Still warm here actually - I think it was around 70. I mentioned in previous posts that there are usually a bunch of bands playing on the street beside the park. We stumbled upon a dj booth. We bought some Chu-hi which are these delicious flavored alcohol drinks. Kinda like wine coolers but sooo much better. The sell those as well as beer in the park. Japan is strange like that, they would would never do that in NY. We went back to the dj booth and it was a jumpin rave-like party. It was really fun and different. Also something that would never occur in NY anymore.

Ok- more updates to come. I'm getting back on track.

No comments: