Thursday, January 18, 2007

I LOVE SUSHI

***NOTE: Because I had it saved to my drafts before posting, there is a new post under the snowboarding one with pics from my visit home. Scroll down to check it out - Don't miss it!***

So for my birthday (yes, if you are reading this and forgot you suck- haha j/k) Kenn took me out to an awesome sushi dinner. A place in our neighborhood written up in a guidebook we have - called Roppongi Fukuzushi. We had lots of sake and did the set course menu which included salad, sashimi, steamed egg pudding, soup, soft shell crab & grilled steak, sushi, dessert and coffee. It was quite the feast and I barely made it to the end but it was sooo delicious. Check out the pics:









Did you know? -- Sushi is very high in vitamins and low in saturated fats. Even fatty fish have fewer calories per gram than chicken,and may actually help reduce cholesterol,so the traditional Japanese diet is associated with very low rates of heart disease.

We decided our favorite local bar is this one called Propaganda. Sophia introduced me to the place. Lots of ex-pats but decent music and very chill. Inside you would never know you were in Tokyo. Could just be any old dive bar in NYC. We were messing around with the settings on my camera and taking funky pics. I also remembered I can send emails from my mobile phone so sent some of you emails and pics from my phone. It was like you were there at the bar with us. Ok, not so much.... I missed you all but I have to say I had a blast for my birthday in Tokyo with Kenn! :)



No comments: