Wednesday, November 14, 2007

My relation to Jen

So last night Jen (the cousin that's visiting Tokyo) and I figured out how we are related. Actually we didn't figure it out but her mom knew. We drew it out on paper because it's a bit confusing to try to keep it straight in your head.

Very interesting to think through the family tree. I've always been interested in creating a really large family tree that spans distant relatives. It's not something talked out or thought of often and is fascinating really.

As family members move to different cities or states and as family members grow apart or get older and pass away, these things tend to get forgotten.

Here is our relationship tree (I think I have it right. Dad, you were close):



Check out how confusing it gets!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

According to Microsoft spell checker, "Jenn" is incorrect but you chose to "Ignore All" ;-)

Livia said...

good use of powerpoint! :)

that is confusing. good thing jen's mom knew how it went. have been in malaysia with like 100 people for chinese new year's - my mom just told me i was related to everyone there. think doing family trees could be a full time job, but interesting!