Thursday, November 22, 2007

Happy Turkey Day

I hope I don't gain too much weight. Leaving the wonderful city of Tokyo, full of delicious food. We're getting all our last meals in.

On Tuesday, I met up with my old coworker and we went to an Izakaya. Kenn and I don't get to go to those often since the menu is always only in Japanese. This was a real old school one where salarymen go and you can see the old beer advertisement posters on the wall. I think there was one other woman in the place besides me.



We tried whale again. This time sashimi and we were able to taste it. We also tried horse meat sashimi. I know, terrible, but we had to give it a shot. It had more flavor than whale but I personally couldn't get over the fact that it was horse so couldn't quite enjoy it.

Last night Kenn and I went to our favorite yakitori place behind our apt. We tried the chicken meatball hot pot. Yumm.

For turkey, we are going with some friends to
Lawry's Steakhouse but they're specially serving turkey, mash, and stuffing.

8 more days in Japan!

No comments: