Monday, July 23, 2007

Peking duck tastes better in...

Beijing (Peking) of course!



Between meetings today, colleagues took me to a famous Peking Duck place that's been around for more than 100 years. Ok, I didn't actually take the pic above but it looked just like that, chef and all. Tasted great. Was also served the duck's palm, which I wasn't that fond of - kinda like cartilege is all- gross. And had duck soup.

Meetings were a mix of good and ok. Learning a great deal about the China online advertising market and it's starting to become apparent maybe the market is not mature enough for our research. Kind of a bummer.

I can't wait to head back to Tokyo. I am tired of traveling and meetings and work.

This evening I decided to go to McDonald's. I know I know, but I have a my reasons. 1) I like to try McDonald's in different countries to see the differences 2) I am tired of eating alone at restaurants and tired of the lost in translation feeling with staff.

So what I discovered at McD's is that the fries and cheeseburger taste the same. Fries are more similar to US taste than Japan. They also serve these ice cream floats as drinks with meals instead of soda. This is the advertised pic I took with my camera phone:



Judging by the pic they come in different flavors but somehow I got the peach one without them asking me. Guess they figured I wouldn't understand anyway. It was a little sweet for my taste at first but I ended up liking it in the end. Of course now I feel gross and have heartburn.

On the way back to the hotel I bought 2 dvds on the street for like $2. Who knows if they are in English or any good but we'll see. I just couldn't resist checking.

One more day of meetings in China!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Let's hope Livia doesn't read this til after lunch!

Livia said...

thanks PC! :p

Anonymous said...

Just looking out for you!

Anonymous said...

My friend and I were recently talking about how we as human beings are so hooked onto electronics. Reading this post makes me think back to that discussion we had, and just how inseparable from electronics we have all become.


I don't mean this in a bad way, of course! Ethical concerns aside... I just hope that as technology further develops, the possibility of copying our memories onto a digital medium becomes a true reality. It's one of the things I really wish I could encounter in my lifetime.


(Posted on Nintendo DS running [url=http://quizilla.teennick.com/stories/16129580/does-the-r4-or-r4i-work-with-the-new-ds]R4i[/url] DS SerVo)