Sunday, July 22, 2007

The Forbidden City



Yes, another blurry camera phone pic from the Forbidden City. A colleague took me there today. It's a nice cloudy day so wasn't too hot. Of course it was crowded. It's much bigger than I thought. Pretty cool palace buildings and I liked the Imperial Garden with the crazy shaped rocks and trees. The Starbucks is definitely gone. I personally don't think it should be in there anyway.

I still cannot believe the traffic, the way people drive, and how people deal with the pedestrians, bicycles and other cars just dart into the middle of the road. I find it so hard to just run in front of cars. I'm not trained to do that. And I am really started to get aggravated at how Chinese people like to push. I'm sorry, they really are rude. I mean I don't understand how people can push you and shove you out of the way, can't they wait TWO SECONDS?? Is there absolutely no sense of politeness, patience, or just plain being civil?

Anyway, I feel satisfied with the bit of sightseeing I got to do here. My colleague also took me to and old shopping street and we had a good lunch by a lake.

I might venture over to a shopping center by here after relaxing a bit. Then 2 more days of client meetings before I head back to Tokyo on Wed. I go back to the office for one day on Thurs and then Kenn and I are going to the Fuji Rock Festival. We actually bought tickets like 2 months ago. Artists include The Cure, Beastie Boys, and Chemical Brothers. It's going to be a blast and I truly will be looking forward to some rest after akk this traveling and then Fuji Rock.

No comments: