Monday, December 03, 2007

A whole new blog

BACK IN NYC!!!!!!

It was a good flight, not crowded so we had 3 seats. Slept at least half of it. Had our pizza fix for dinner. The weekend was spent battling jet lag and attempting to clean and organize the apt. We also made it to Bed Bath and Beyond for some storage/shelving and other items. It was hard to get a ton done with the jet lag though.

I am going to keep this personal blog going so stay tuned for posts on my life in NY. I'm not going to create a new blog or change the name although today I am OFFICIALLY changing MY name! I will now be Jennifer Okula! First on my list of to-do's today is to head to the social security office to change my name.

I knew I wanted to change my name but I started to question my decision a little thinking about what a pain it is. Personally, I like the sound of Okula and find it easy to use and spell. I also want to have the same name as my children. I also simply like the idea of it- being a family unit - there's a sense of intimacy and closeness to it. The main down side is the pain of changing my name technically and professionally. My feeling on that is that it will be easier over time though. People will deal. The other annoying thing is the reaction I get from people about it. I feel like a lot of women these days don't change their names and most people are surprised I am. I don't think it has anything to do with losing individuality or feminism. To me it's practical. I also know who I am and my name doesn't make me that person. It doesn't change me or who I am.

Ok, enough babble, I have lots to do! Social security office, DMV, stop in at work, clean, organize, and help my brother out with wedding stuff... I've been up since 5am so hopefully I won't lose steam!

2 comments:

Livia said...

welcome back jenn okula!!! :) although think i was not ready considering after our first night out . oops.

Anonymous said...

Oi, achei seu blog pelo google está bem interessante gostei desse post. Gostaria de falar sobre o CresceNet. O CresceNet é um provedor de internet discada que remunera seus usuários pelo tempo conectado. Exatamente isso que você leu, estão pagando para você conectar. O provedor paga 20 centavos por hora de conexão discada com ligação local para mais de 2100 cidades do Brasil. O CresceNet tem um acelerador de conexão, que deixa sua conexão até 10 vezes mais rápida. Quem utiliza banda larga pode lucrar também, basta se cadastrar no CresceNet e quando for dormir conectar por discada, é possível pagar a ADSL só com o dinheiro da discada. Nos horários de minuto único o gasto com telefone é mínimo e a remuneração do CresceNet generosa. Se você quiser linkar o Cresce.Net(www.provedorcrescenet.com) no seu blog eu ficaria agradecido, até mais e sucesso. If is possible add the CresceNet(www.provedorcrescenet.com) in your blogroll, I thank. Good bye friend.