Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Sushi lunch

It was a blackout on the subway yesterday that caused the train problems.

I've been working from home some days lately. Since work is slow and I'm not needed in the office I've been saving myself the wasted travel time. Today the moving company came to assess our belongings too so I stayed home. Kenn and I went out to the local sushi place for lunch. Lunch specials are an equivalent of just $7.15 each! I had 8 piece sushi + hand roll and Kenn had a chirashi bowl (sashimi on rice). Comes with soup and salad and the sushi is great!

We even had live entertainment. Hehe. There were these 2 guys who were drunk who probably just came from a night out at a Roppongi club or hostess bar. One guy was so wasted he kept spilling things and banging glasses. For some unknown reason he was wearing a wig (which looked real) and then took it off. The other guy looked like he was just trying to keep his friend in control. So strange.

Anyway it was a good lunch. :)

1 comment:

Livia said...

nice lunch entertainment! yum - sushi! oh - recently an old GE program person that lives by the place we kept meaning to try - poke - said it's really good. oh - i need to get out of him - he used to live in tokyo and apparently there is just one hidden good mexican restaurant in tokyo. jerk wouldn't tell me - wanted to keep it secret. although you'll be home soon enough for mexican and burgers and pizza! :)